The Knut Windows App lets you fully configure Knut and view data.
- Give your Knut a name and tell it where to send data
- Specify how often to take recordings and when to send alert messages
- Define basic rules like: When the temperature is below 62°F send me a low temperature alert
- View data and graphs
Let’s get started! You will need:
- 2 AAA alkaline or lithium batteries (We do not recommend using rechargeable batteries. Batteries must be 1.5 volts per cell in order to work in Knut.)
- A Wi-Fi enabled PC running Windows XP or higher
- The name and password for your Wi-Fi network
1. Create a new email account, designated exclusively for Knut
You can use any email host you like, and give it any name that you like. This will become the free, cloud storage account for your Knut(s). Multiple Knuts can use this same email account, but this should not be used for personal email. Write down your username and password, you’ll need it during setup.
2. Download and launch the Knut Windows App on your Windows computer.
Download the Knut Windows App here.
Open the App on your Windows PC.
3. Follow setup instructions in the Windows App
The Windows App will guide you through setup, and prompt you to install batteries in Knut at the appropriate time.
Make sure that no other computers or mobile devices are connected to the Knut Setup network. Multiple connections to Knut Setup will cause frustration and failure.
Knut is now set up and running.
You will receive an ‘info email’ from Knut confirming this.
5. Use a Knut App to view data and communicate with Knut
From now on, you can communicate with Knut using any of the Knut Apps, on your computer or mobile device: modify recording periods, set thresholds for alerts, specify recipients for email alerts, etc. To learn more about recording and alert setting for Knut, see the Settings page.
To learn about the Apps and how to configure them for new Knuts, please see the Software page.