The external waterproof temperature sensor is perfect for applications in damp or submerged environments. The stainless steel tip of this sensor is corrosion resistant. These sensors are available in a variety of lengths, so you can choose a cable that will keep Knut a safe distance away from the damp environment it is measuring.
Specs for the waterproof temperature sensor
- Units: degrees Celcius (°C) or Fahrenheit (°F), as selected by user
- Maximum Range: -55 °C to +125 °C (-67 °F to +257 °F)
- Accuracy: ±0.5 °C (± 0.9 °F)
- Precision: ±0.5 °C (± 0.9 °F)
- Optimal sensor range: -18 °C to +85 °C (-0.4 °F to 185 °F)
- Recording triggered by: user-defined recording intervals
- Safe for use in: Water, air
- Not safe for use with: solvents, acids, harsh chemicals
Considerations when using the waterproof temperature sensor
Knut is not waterproof. Be sure to install Knut in a secure manner at a safe distance from the liquid or damp environment that you wish to monitor.
The entire length of the cable is cold- and heat-resistant over the same range as the temperature sensor. The actual temperature sensor is located at the end of the cable, inside a stainless steel sheath. The temperature measurements will reflect the conditions only at the tip of the cable.