If you wish to entirely erase Knut’s configuration settings, you can perform a hard reset. This will remove information about the Wi-Fi network, W-Fi password, Knut email account, recording settings, sensors, etc. This operation may be necessary if:
- You want to change the email account that Knut uses
- You are giving Knut to someone else, and they want to create their own Knut email account
- Setup with one of the Knut Apps encountered a problematic error
We don’t want you to reset Knut on accident, so this is intentionally a bit tricky.
- Remove one battery from Knut
- Press the black button, and keep holding it down
- While still holding down the button, put the second battery back into Knut
- Keep holding down the button until the green LED starts blinking rapidly
- Release the button
- All prior setting have now been erased, and you can start a fresh Setup
Note that most features of Knut can be modified in the Knut Apps, without doing a full reset! This includes recording settings, rules, alert email recipient, alerts, and time preferences.