Updating your Knut’s firmware:
You will need:
- microSD card that you don’t mind formatting
- KNUT.bin firmware file (download below)
To load Knut’s firmware:
- Format the microSD card to FAT32.
- Place the KNUT.bin file directly on the microSD card (not in a folder).
- Take the batteries out of Knut.
- Press the black button on Knut.
- Put the microSD card in Knut. You will hear and feel a click when the card is correctly installed.
- Put the batteries in Knut.
- The LED should blink rapidly for about 15 seconds as Knut loads the firmware.
- You are done. Feel free to remove the microSD card.
If you have trouble, make sure the card only has 1 partition and is formatted with the MBR (master boot record) partition scheme.
- Fixed an issue that required multiple button pushes to get an info email from Knut
- Fixed a rare case that could result in Knut sending alert messages with no subject.
- Added better support for ifttt email triggers.
- Fixed an issue when Knut was used on external power, Knut would crash every 1-2 days.
- Fixed an issue that would revert Knut back to setup mode after changing Knut’s configuration in the iOS app.
- Added a new feature called sleep with power to allow Knut to have more accurate temperature readings when used on external power.
- Added a new feature to allow Knut to connect to SMTP servers that do not allow authentication.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent Knut from setting up when no messages were in Knut’s inbox.
Get Knut’s Firmware (updated Jan 27 2013): Download