The humidity sensor measures both the relative humidity in the atmosphere and the temperature in the immediate vicinity. This temperature sensor is more sensitive than the temperature sensor built into Knut. This sensor plugs directly into Knut.
Specs for the humidity sensor
- Units: percent relative humidity (% RH)
- Range: 0% RH to 100% RH
- Accuracy: ± 3% RH
- Precision: 0.07% RH
- Optimal sensor range: 20% RH to 80% RH (Outside of this range the accuracy decreases to ± 5% RH)
- Recording triggered by: user-defined recording intervals
- Safe for use in: air, moist towel okay for cleaning
- Not safe for use with: adhesives, cleaning agents, corrosive materials, organic solvents, alcohol, acids, bases, etc.
Considerations when using the humidity sensor
The humidity sensor is extremely sensitive and should be handled with care. As mentioned above, the sensor should not be exposed to harsh chemicals or cleaned with anything other that water. Harsh substances can cause the sensor to lose accuracy.