Knut is both an all-in-one solution for temperature monitoring, and an expandable sensor platform. The onboard temperature sensor is ideal for monitoring ambient temperatures, and the built-in battery sensor will let you know when to replace the AAA’s. With Knut’s 8-pin connector, you can customize Knut with additional sensors and hardware. The 3-port hub allows you to connect up to three external sensors to a single Knut. Universal screw terminals on the breakout board make it possible to connect your own custom sensors to Knut.
- Measure acceleration and orientation with the accelerometer
- Add your own custom sensors and outputs using the breakout board
- Monitor when doors are opened and closed with the door switch
- Measure relative humidity in the air with the humidity sensor
- Measure soil dampness with the moisture sensor
- Monitor areas for water spills with the water presence sensor
- Measure temperature in wet or damp environments with the waterproof temperature sensor
Knut is also capable of recording data to a microSD card, so that Knut can function outside of Wi-Fi reception and during high data rate events.